Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Cuties


This year I splurged, (much to Michael's displeasure) on the girls' Spring dresses. A friend of mine was having a dress sale in her drive way where we could buy really beautiful dresses for a fraction of their original price. Normally I don't spend this much even when it is a "sale price" Each dress was $39 dollars. I'm fine with a nice dress from Target or a sale at Kohl's...etc. But I thought this year I'll get these dresses and we'll get their pictures taken too.

Well, Bekah's dress is a size 2T - that's what she is, but it won't fit around her next month, she's growing too fast. And Emma hates hers. Which I find incredibly hard to believe because this dress is the closest things she's ever owned to a real "Princess Gown". Usually she runs around in the cheesey stuff you buy for Halloween and dress-up.

Oh well, I forced her into it for Easter, I got her to wear it for 1/2 of Mother's Day, (see she didn't wear this dress to church, only for our park pictures). The park pictures didn't turn out exactly like I had hoped, so I think I may be able to BRIBE her into it one more time for studio pictures. What do you think? She likes quarters, quarters work really well. And if she gives me any trouble she likes one dollar bills even more. Bribery... is this how low I've sunk? I guess so, if it works and I get great pictures out of it than I'm okay with it. If it doesn't then I'll sneak the dollar out of her piggy bank while she's sleeping. I'm kidding...yah kidding.