Monday, May 11, 2009

Aaron's Crown




So you may not really be able to see it but it's in there. Aaron has one silver crown in the very back of his mouth. The other "problem areas" only needed to be fillings and as I mentioned before we are now much better flossers. Aaron refers to his new crown as his "metal tooth", it's really kind of cute how he goes on about it, like he thinks his mouth was being enhanced instead of repaired. The slight defect in his front tooth was also repaired and he has his gorgeous little smile back.


Now this was our first experience at Primary Children's Hospital. Other than Mike and I getting a little slap happy-tired as a result of the worry and waiting we all came through it pretty okay. Aaron did have a hard time when he came out of the anesthesia, which the doctors and nurses had told us to expect. It was heartbreaking to see my little boy crying while nothing we did, (absolutely nothing) soothed him. The nurse came over and gave him something to help calm him down and to help any further nausea. About 3 minutes after she did that Aaron passed out in a deep sleep. Mike said, "She gave him a sedative! She just didn't want to listen to him cry anymore." And she most likely did, he was probably starting to scare the other children. We thought for sure once he woke up from this little nap he would be thrashing about again, but he didn't. He just sat straight up and said, "Okay, I'm ready to go home." Amen! So were we. We gathered his things and took him home.


Of course I forgot my camera. But I bought a disposable one in the gift shop and I captured almost every moment of his first trip to the hospital...so more pictures coming soon. Once we got home I made him his favorite meal...mac & cheese, (yuck! I really hate that stuff) and we watched a movie I rented from Red Box, (I love Red Box!). By the way, if you haven't already seen it, Bolt is hilarious, our entire family laughed our heads off...Two Thumbs Up!


So here's my sum-up - Flossing...Good, Mac & Cheese...Gross, Red Box...Awesome, Bolt...Hiliarious, Aaron...Very Brave!