Sunday, May 31, 2009

Finally a Backyard...Well Almost!

























We built our house 6 years ago...6 years!! And we are now finally completing our backyard. Granted, in that time we have had 3.5 children, finished our basement, as well as many other little projects that can soon take over your life.
How excited am I? And how ironic is this little situation. Well, I'll explain - I'm so ecstatic (is there a word more descriptive I can use here) that I will finally have a place to put the kids where I don't have to be outside all the time supervising.
Our fence will be finished tomorrow, we have window well covers already in place and top soil and sod are coming this week, yip-ee! And now that I have all this stuff to keep the kids safe, I also have older children (who most of the time mind better than a few years ago) and a toddler (Bekah) who hardly ever runs away from me, (so unlike big brother and big sister).
When Emma and Aaron were younger they took off running down the street every time we went outside to play. Well, I'm still relieved to have a backyard, (no matter it's shortage in space). The kids have been semi-helpful. Here they are riding on Mike's little invention - The Leveler. They had a good time, when we weren't forcing them to pick up rocks. Wow! If I had to put a percentage on it, I'd say our backyard is 42% rocks - yuck. Thank goodness for nice, screened topsoil.