Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Vocabulary

So my kids have always had a vast vocabulary, and the things they do/say astound and amaze me every day. But since Aaron started preschool he's probably been the one that has surprised me the most with some of the words he chooses to use.
(And no, I'm not talking about the "bad words" he may or may not hear Mom & Dad use).
About 2 years ago he started saying, Actually & Besides.
This month he started saying Vehicle...I don't know where he picked that one up.
And the other day he was drawing a picture of outer space with a rocket and planet Earth...
then he drew little dots on earth and said, "I'm drawing these little dots on earth...
they REPRESENT the houses."
WHAT?
How did he learn the word "represent" and then proceed to use it correctly?
Oh ya, he listens to his super-smarty parents talk all day, that's where. :)