Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Secret

My sister is really into photography and over the years I've learned a few things from her, like the rule of thirds, lighting and color issues when printing. She always takes really great shots of the herself by just holding out the camera at arm's length. See when I try to do the same thing I end up with the goofiest looking pictures and I tend to look like I gained 50 pounds in that one shot! (Something I don't really need.) So I asked her what the secret was...

You take the picture while holding the camera above your face...NOT below!

Above - will help you look thinner and it shadows your features better.
Below - will help you look bloated! And it will most definitely enlarge any hint of a double chin...not something any of us want.

After learning this fun new trick I started playing with my camera.
I took this one of me...(And Yes, I took it from above.)


Thanks for the tips Sis!