Saturday, March 26, 2011

EIGHT

I refuse to title this post, "It's Great To Be Eight" (even though it really is great to be eight).
She's 8! Man that went by quick, Holy Cow!
Every one tells you how fast it will go by and it was hard to believe back then. When I was up every night, several times a night, changing diapers, nursing, making bottles, looking for that darn binkie and changing a few more diapers! Ya, it was really hard to believe I wouldn't be doing that for the rest of my life.
Especially when I knew I wanted to have more children after her.
But here she is, no more bottles, no more binkies, no more diapers!
She's like a minature person who only needs to get a job, learn how to drive and balance a checkbook...then she can move out and take care of herself. Okay, I'm just kidding.
I mention that only to capture this moment because she's so grown up! Sometimes I feel like she really doesn't need me anymore, but that means I've done a good job right?
Emma is one awesome little girl! I admire her love for life, her style, her personality, her talents and her spirt!
Here's 8 fun things about Emma:
1. She grows more and more gorgeous every day!
2. She's likes to reason her way out of a lot, she's gonna make a very good lawyer some day.
3. She loves to play the Wii.
4. She LOVES to read - everything!
5. She LOVES her friends!
6. She LOVES school - so much that it actually hurt her more to miss school
while recovering after her tonsilectomy.
7. She complains about going to church, but always enjoys herself once primary begins.
8. She like boys! (Dad's having a hard time with this one.)
(Me, I think it's cute...puppy love is adorable!)



Here are some highlights:


Birthday Rock

Mo going after the cake! That was fun.

My Joys!

(Aaron doesn't really have green teeth, he has a chewed up skittle in his mouth,

I know, it's still gross.)

Make a Wish!

No birthday is complete without a short stack of presents piled on your lap!