Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Parent Teacher Conference

It's that time again. Parent Teacher Conference!

I love Parent Teacher Conference, (most of the time). PTC is a much needed payday for moms and dads. It is a time for parents to pat themselves on the back. It is also a good time to praise our children for all their hard work after we've listened to the glowing reports of these dedicated teachers.

That being said, it is also a time where I get hear some of the best stories about my kids!!

The other day, Emma's teacher showed me her math test. I'm happy to report she only missed 2 questions. One of the problems asked her to explain how she came to this conclusion. She wrote this out in the space provided where she was actually supposed to regroup the numbers and "show her work":

"I found the answer by useing my pencil."

We had a good laugh! But I can't really say I blame her, if it was me in her place, I would have wrote out, "I found the answer by using my calculator (or asking Mike)."

I love her!