Thursday, January 13, 2011

What's In A Name?


Well, if you're Bekah...a lot. A few weeks ago a little girl was chosen to go up and help in the primary sharing time, for the sake of privacy we'll call her Jane Smith. Bekah pulls me down to her level and informs me that I should change her name to Jane Smith...you see, that way she could go up and help too.
A few days ago Bekah asked me to start calling her, "Mrs. Kitty." And when I kept forgetting, she'd get a little angry..."Mom, remember you have to call me Mrs. Kitty!"
Where did the Mrs. come from?
Many of you know we call her Kippy. It's one of my all time favorite knicknames for her. (We also call her Button). But maybe you didn't know why. Well about a year or so ago Bekah was playing pretend - she was imagining herself as a kitty and then as a puppy and then as a puppy and a kitty. So of course she asked me what that was called. "A puppy and a kitty?" I clarified. "Well, that's a ... Kippy.




And she's been Kippy ever since.