Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lost and Found

All things lost have a way of returning to us, sooner or later.

At least this was the case with our missing memory stick. Let me explain. Two years ago we got a digital frame from Mike's parents and they asked us to try it out and make sure it wasn't damaged. Well, we plugged in our memory stick and checked it out...it worked fine, but we decided to keep it in the box until our kids were a little bit older - and would leave it alone. Otherwise I know, I just know they would end up breaking it.

Well, as time went by we forgot about the digital frame tucked away in the office closet - out of sight out of mind, right? Apparently so, because we both completely forgot that the memory stick was also still plugged in to the frame! A few days/weeks later when I was ready to scrap all those cute 2008 Christmas pictures and couldn't find the memory stick - I figured we'd lost it and it would eventually turn up. Several months go by and we never found it, so I assumed it really was gone, those things are so tiny! I resolved that it was either played with and lost by a child or mistakenly thrown out! Who knows? BUT it was gone.

The other day Mike was doing some filing, the filing cabinet is still in Emma's new room, (our old office) and he decided to pull out the digital frame. Guess what we found?! I'm so excited! As sad as it was to me, I had come to terms with one lost Christmas in still photos, (we still had what we captured with the cam corder). Now I just have to sneak these pictures in their scrapbooks and they never have to know we lost a Christmas...


Until they read the blog.

Check out these pictures, the kids look sooo little! And Mosey wasn't even a thought yet! Well, maybe a thought kicking around in my mind, but definitely not Mike's.


This was the year they each got a light saber, "Ouch Emma, light saber burns hurt!"

For the artist!


For the Batman fan!


For the little Mommy!