Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Personal Space

To say that Rebekah is a snuggler would be a gross understatement. Lately, her affections have been directed primarily at Mommy. Gail can't watch a show, read a book, make dinner or anything else without a four-year-old hanging from her.

Last night, I was driving to the grocery store with Mo and Bekah, so I seized the intimate setting to do a little investigative reporting.

Dad: So, Bekah. Why are you always glued to Mommy?

Bekah: Because I have an invisible glue stick.

Dad: Yeah, that's fun to pretend. But really, why are you always sitting on Mommy?

Bekah: Because I love her.

Dad: I love her, too. But I don't hang on her all the time.

Bekah: Well, I love her more than you. I love her 46.

It's tough to compete with that. I guess I'll have to step it up. So, Gail, if you feel me encroaching on your personal space, just know it's for the good of the kids. We can't have them thinking they love us more than we love each other.