Friday, June 19, 2009

A Tribute to Fathers


Hooray for Fathers who let the kids blow out their birthday candles, play tickle monster, horsey ride, and give piggy backs. Hooray for Fathers who agree to interesting child negotiations and listen to endless and exaggerated stories that sometimes bear little truth. Hooray for Fathers who take their boy and their girls to the hardware store. Hooray for Fathers who understand their children even when no one else can decipher what they're saying. Hooray for Fathers who take good care of Mommy, (especially when she's sick). And Hip, hip hooray for Fathers who prefer to be called Daddy. Mike, thanks for being such a good Daddy! What would we do without you? We love you Sooooooo much and hope you have a very Happy Father's Day!!

With the recent passing of a dear friend and sister-in-law's father my thoughts are certainly on fathers this weekend. My heart goes out to her as she suffers this loss so close to the day we celebrate Dads. I wanted to take this time to thank my fathers for all they've done for me. Fathers play such an important role in our lives.

To my Dad, thanks for the lessons you taught me. Thanks for supporting my dreams, and encouraging me in everything I do! And thanks for reading my blog, when I found out you do it really made me smile. I love you, and I don't say that enough.

To my Father in law, (Mom, I know you're reading this, but Dad might miss it unless you pull him over for this part). I love you and want you to know how grateful I am for your guidance and concern. I admire you and I don't say that enough, mostly because I don't like to get mushy...but sometimes you just gotta tell people you love 'em, right? Also, what would I do without my montly dose of jokes?!

Hooray for Father's indeed. This Sunday I hope we'll all tell Dad how much we love him, set him down in the reclincer and let him have sole possession of the remote control, (for one day at least).