Thursday, October 7, 2010

Mommy!!!

Is it just me or do any of you Moms out there get tired of hearing MOM!!! all day? Many of you know I use my blog to post adorable pictures, capture funny stories and to--wait for it...vent frustrations, (I'm sure that was not a surprise). Mostly motherhood frustrations. A blog is not the place to vent marital frustrations...we save that for the shrink :)

I'm kidding.

Well, I'm about to vent a little motherhood frustration, so here's my disclaimer, I'm about to complain...putting a humorous spin on motherhood helps me cope, BUT I'm still about to complain so if it bugs you proceed to the next blog immediately!

I think if I had to guess, I hear Mommy!!! at least 10 times an hour from 6am to 9pm. I'm definitely counting Mo's crying as calling for Mommy). So if I've done my Math right, (and I usually don't) that's about 150 Mommy!!!s a day. If it was just "Mommy" I could handle that all day, but it's this version:

"MOMMY!!!"
"Mom, she's being mean to me! Mom, she hit me! Mom, she took my toy! Mom, he's sticking his tongue out at me! Mom, I want to play with a friend!" And my personal, absolute least favorite...

"Mom, where are my shoes?"


I have a basket right by the front door and all of the kids have shoe keepers in their room.

Do you feel my pain?