Saturday, October 2, 2010

Conference Half-Time

I'm distraught...this week has been one of the worst weeks of my life. Without going into the details of my major struggles, I'll focus on one of the little ones that has me laughing already.

I LOVE General Conference! But now that I have four noisy children I have found it is almost impossible to really enjoy conference, invite the Spirit or to even hear it over the tantrums and complaining sometimes. Usually I resort to bingo and other such games and yes some of those games even involved candy... (shocking I know).

Today I only had Rebekah (3) and Moriah (11mo.) for the morning session, Mike took the older kids up to his Dad's to help with a big project. During the first hour Bekah watched a Strawberry Shortcake while I busied myself with my own projects and listened to it on the radio. When the Berry-Sweet-Gag-Me show ended I thought, okay here's a perfect opportunity to turn off Bekah's show and now begin watching conference with both the girls on my lap.


That didn't work out so well.

Apparently Bekah didn't want to watch conference...she had another idea...Chip 'n Dale. Oh boy.
Well I decided I was going to stick to my guns, here's how it played out:

Bekah: "Mom, I don't want to watch this....


WHAAA, Sniff, Pout, Cry...

you know the drill...

Mom: No Bekah, you watched your show and now it's Mommy's turn. We are going to watch conference, this is where the prophets speak to us--

--rudely cut-off by the ever demanding 3 year old--(I hate that)

Bekah: (Through BIG tears and a little RED face)


But conference is borrrring! It's an adult show, I want to watch

Chip 'n Dale!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ughhh.

All of this was during Pres. Uchdorf's talk. I love his talks!
Thanks goodness for DVR.