Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day Indeed!

I helped out with Emma's class party today. I love to volunteer when I can, but with 3 other little ones at home, it's difficult to help out as much as I'd like to. Anyway today was the day and I was really excited to help. So, with Aaron and Bekah enjoying themselves at a friend's house I set out with Moriah to a first grade Valentine's party. While I was there I ran the Valentine Bingo game and I endured many a child coming up to me and telling me something like this:

"Are you Emma's mom? I need to tell you something, sometimes Emma's mean to me."
"Are you Emma's mom? One time Emma tried to come over to my house without asking you first.
"Are you Emma's mom? Did you know that one day Emma got a black card?"
Me - "Is that a bad thing?"
"Ya, it's like so bad that you might have to go to the principal's office!"
"Are you Emma's mom?"
Me - "No, no I'm not. That super cute little girl over there - I don't know her."

Of course I'm kidding about not claiming my child, although I have joked while about that before. While we're out in public when people are making that face at my unruly children I make the same face then say, "Whose kids are those?" It usually gets a good laugh and then they stop making that face.

Here's the plus side, Mo slept through the entire party! Bekah didn't pee her pants at her friend's house and Aaron also behaved very well. Progress? I call it such!