Friday, December 17, 2010

Tradition

What is Christmas without a little tradition, right? One of my favorites as a kid was making "gingerbread" houses. I use quotation marks because in interest of time and/or ease we always used graham crackers instead of real gingerbread. As a kid I did not question the substitution too often. Now that I am the foreman of these little construction projects I will stand by my parents' tradition to the grave. I cannot imagine adding the complexity of making real gingerbread to the already complex undertaking of assisting three kids in assembling their masterpieces.

This is the first year we have made gingerbread houses since...well, before my mission. I wish I would have introduced Gail and the kids to the fun sooner, but lazy procrastination and an acute case of forgetfulness has prevented it...until now. My kids definitely inherited their artistic natures from Gail because I never came close to making gingerbread houses this nice at their ages.

Emma's















Aaron's















Rebekah's















Daddy's