Friday, December 31, 2010

Snowed-In for New Year's

We've been pretty snowed in these last few days. Thankfully Mike's been able to divide his time between PTO and working from home and we've enjoyed a lot of good family time...something I cherish! Mike snapped these cute pictures of our beautiful cat snuggled up with our beautiful little reader.

We did manage to get the entire family out of the house today, but first we had to dig our way out (again). We were on a mission. A mission to find tasty snacks and goodies to enjoy while we ring in the new year. Now, I'm the first one to confess I am not really a night owl. But my husband is! And so I'll stay up as late as I can and then it's off to bed with a promise to Mike he could sleep in tomorrow morning because I know he'll be partying late with the kids. Um, to be honest I don't think the kids have ever stayed up to midnight before...I anticipate Emma will be the only one who makes it this year and that's only because she's the only one who followed our advice and took a short nap this afternoon.

As for New Year's resolutions...I used to make so many I couldn't keep up with them. Now I only make one or two I would really like to accomplish or change about myself. Personally, I think it's better to take stock all through the year, not just in January. I like to believe I am constantly renewing myself, constantly changing and (hopefully) doing better.

My husband has been a huge inspiration to me this past year. He lost 20 pounds doing the P90X and he's recently started his second round to lose the last 10 pounds or so. He listened to the Old Testament while he commuted to and from work. And now he's almost finished with the Doctrine and Covenants. This past summer he built an awesome, totally awesome shed, but as he likes to refer to it...the secondary shelter. He's going back to school to finish his degree - (starting on Monday actually - so everyone leave him alone, hee-hee). He's also a great YM's/Boy Scout leader and I know he cares about those boys so much! He gives a lot of time and energy to a demanding calling. And last but not least - he's a great dad and a wonderful husband. His devotion to his family is admirable, especially when the world belittles and underappreciates fathers and families.

You are awesome Honey!

Here's to a heathly, happy, prosperous New Year.
Happy 2011 Everyone!
She's such a pretty cat!