Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Is This The End of MGR Posts?

This year may mark the end of our blogging days. I've been mulling over the pros and cons for several weeks now. Part of me wants stop blogging and turn my attention to my other, more serious writing ambitions. And since I have very little spare time, (usually only Mo's nap time) I'm forced to use "MY" time effeciently...something I don't always do well.

I can't always sit down and blog as I'd like to and it frustrates me that laundry, meals, housework, and endless demands of my children interupt the writer trapped inside here. I know I chose this, but no woman truly understands how all consuming motherhood is until she's there in the midst of it, runny noses, crying baby, fighting kids, surrounded by another dumped over toy box, "uggh." A mother with young children, correction - several young children has a choice, get a sitter & pursue her own passions fulltime, try to juggle both, or focus on family and come back to those dreams later in life. I'm not putting the kids in day care, and I'm NOT that good at juggling, I want to go back to school but I know I can't do both at this stage of life. Plus Mike's already going to school, two of us in school would be absolutely nuts.

The other part of me, The Family Historian says, "You're crazy!" The blog offers an easy way to record what's happening in our family, without sitting down and painfulling scrawling it all out in a journal - OH, that's so old fashioned, plus, writing with a pencil or pen hurts my hand after two paragraphs, I'm way too accustomed to typing.

The blog helps keep us in touch with family and friends.

It will be a great book of remembrance for the children once we publish it in a book!

BUT don't I do that with all of our scrapbooks?

BUT I hardly journal our lives this much in the scrapbooks, since I started our blog those evolved into mostly fancy-shmancy picture albums.

Sometimes reading other people's blogs makes me turn a shade of green, as I envy the free time they have - as all their children are in school, or how they've successfully navigated their way through the baby years. Hold on, I think I smell a poopy diaper calling my name. I'm tired of poopy diapers.

Okay this is how I think out loud. Scary huh? Ya, you don't want to get too involved in my mind, it's a little cluttered up here sometimes.

Blogging has been so much fun. Maybe to satisfy both sides, I'll move to a designated blog time once a month, instead of feeling like I need to catch up all the time, I'll worry about it only at that time and during my other "free time" I'll pursue those dreams that are starting to feel very far away.




And to my blog's number one fan, don't worry Grandma Lois, I'll think I'll choose to keep the blog. I love you so much and you inspire my writing with all of your words of encouragement...us writers can be a sensitive bunch sometimes - constant encouragement and a lifetime supply are of chocolate help fight off even the worst cases of writer's block.