Thursday, April 28, 2011

28 Again!







Every time the kids have a birthday they tell me it was the Best Birthday Ever!

(Until it's over then suddenly we're back to complaining and asking,

"How many more days until my next birthday?")



I recently celebrated a birthday and it really was the BEST Birthday EVER!

My Hubby took the day off work so he could watch the kids. He made plans for me and my mom to go to lunch together. Then he let me decide h0w to fill up the rest of the afternoon. I'm sure he was not to surprised when he learned we went shopping. I found several cute additions to my wardrobe and two new pairs of shoes, (exactly what I was looking for by the way).

After our shopping excursion he made dinner.

My mom stayed to watch the kids while we went on a date...Soul Surfer.

(Which is a very good movie, I highly recommend it.)


After dinner I blew out my candles and opened my present. It was exactly what I had been hinting for, the Lego "YO" Truck from the Pixar movies. Ever since I helped Aaron put together R.C. from Toy Story I've been hooked on Legos. They are definitely my new favorite toy. I was supposed to put my Lego set together, but Aaron couldn't contain his excitement either, so instead I settled for watching my husband and son put it together.


It was a very nice birthday, but I must admit one of my very favorite presents came from a total stranger. While out to lunch with my Mom, I decided to ask the waiter about my age, here's how it went down:


Me: Can I ask you a question?


Waiter: Yes.


Me: Will you tell me the truth if I promise I won't be offended

and it won't effect your tip?


Waiter: (A bit more intrigued now) Okay.


(He already knew we were there celebrating my birthday) Me: How old do you think I am?


Waiter: (Hand goes up to chin - he ponders for a minute): You won't be offended?


Me: No. Not at all. I just want the truth.


Waiter: 28


Me: (Hand slapping the table in utter shock) Wow! You just made my day! I'm 34 today.


And after I told him he didn't seem to believe me. I'm going to keep telling myself he was the most honest waiter in the world and he didn't say that to get a bigger tip.


Now if people would just keep believing I'm 28, for oh, let's say the next 10 years...oh who am I kidding?

At least the next 5 years...that would be great!


And truly the best present ever is feeling young no matter what

wrinkles or grey hairs come my way.