Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Bring Out The Food!

The kids drum on their plates as they wait for the Thanksgiving Feast to be served.
Mike and I decided long ago that for Thanksgiving we would spend odd years with my family and even years with his. This being an odd year it was my turn. It's been kind of crazy Autumn so I wanted an EASY Thanksgiving, low stress/low preparation. So I ran an idea by my Mom and she liked it. Let's just order Marie Callendar's Thanksgiving and split the cost. Which would have been sooo easy if our microwave didn't break down while warming the last of the side dishes. It was pretty rotten timing, the turkey and corn bread were ready to come out of the oven, people were starting to sit down at the table. Oh brother! It was still pretty easy though - we just threw the remaining dishes in pots and warmed them up on the stove top - you know the old fashioned way. After a delicious meal that the kids hardly touched we relaxed, played games and laughed our heads off as we watched "Up." I love those dogs!!
And yes because the kids didn't eat dinner I ended up making them PB&J later on when their little tummies started to rumble.