Saturday, April 18, 2009

You get what you pay for...

So...last year Gail and I decided to finally retain the dirt in our back yard. The yard behind us (nearly 4 feet higher than ours) was already fenced in before we started building. You add that to the required grade away from the house and what we were left with was 11 good feet of flat yard and the remaining 9 feet used up by a 45 degree slope up to the fence. As much as I'd like to trick out a lawn mower with 4WD, I'd prefer some more usable yard space.

Enter the cement contractor. T is his name. (Yes, his name is an initial.) He offered a great price on a cinder block and mortar retaining wall and we jumped at the chance to have someone else sweating all those bricks in July's heat. Besides, I got to "play" in a Bobcat! Long story short...we got a lien on our home because a subcontractor didn't pay a supplier and our wall looks like a do-it-yourself project.

Moral of the story...you get what you pay for. And so it is with this blog. I guarantee my work and promise you'll double your money - every red cent you put into it.