Sunday, September 9, 2012

Invisible Wedding Eggs

If there's one thing I've learned about raising children it's this simple truth:  They make me laugh!



And cry...but that's another post.

The other day Rebekah was sitting down on the kitchen floor talking to me.  Out of nowhere she exclaims she wishes she had the power to be invisible!  "Oh, the super power to be invisible, why would you want that power?"  I asked.  To which Rebekah cleverly responded, "Because then [slight dramatic pause]
I would trip people."

It goes on...she started naming all the people she would trip, first on her list were Emma (older sister) and Aaron (older brother), then I asked her if she would trip Grandma?  And she said, "No.  But I would trip Indy (her aunt's dog).

Aaron has a crush in his class that also likes him back.  I figured she must like him back because of all the kissing they've been doing on the playground.  Always a proud day as a mother when the teacher tells you your little second grader could moonlight as Don Juan.  Anyway, Aaron told me the other day when he and this particular little girl are chatting too much in class, his teacher says, "Aaron, Aubry!  Stop planning your wedding and pay attention."  So funny.  I wonder if he knew that I knew about all the smooching?!

This one makes me laugh so hard I want to cry.  Moriah has a very bad habit of falling asleep right before dinner time!  And sometimes she wakes up later that evening crying for nourishment, usually in the form of applesauce, bread, milk..."will someone get the kid a Happy Meal!" - (not everyone will get that reference)*
But sometimes she sleeps on and on right through dinner and we end up just putting her in her bed for the night.  The other day I had made some hard boiled eggs, she loves these!  I put the extra ones, unshelled back in the fridge.  This also happened to be one of those days that Mo slept through dinner.  Well, the next morning when I was waking up the girls for breakfast I noticed that their room really smelled funky...like eggs!  Come to find out, Mo had woke up in the middle of the night looking for a midnight snack.  Well, she found one and she ate right through the shell to get to that proteiny goodness inside.  There were pieces of egg all over her bed, hence the eggy smell.  Wow!  I have nothing more to say, plus I'm laughing too hard to type anymore.....


*It's from Big Daddy, it's hilarious.